Moving House Checklist
Moving House Checklist
Let’s face it, moving is stressful. That’s why DeliveryD2D.com created a moving house checklist to help you stay on track. DeliveryD2D.com is here to help you figure out exactly what you should be doing before, during, and after your move. Moving all your belongings from one place to another is hard, and so is relocating. But, let’s not forget that moving to a new place is an exciting time! With some guidance you’ll be sure to have everything done. Let’s start then with month before checklist.
Check List Month Before Move
In most of the cases, you know you will be moving at least a month in advance. You may think a week is enough to handle all of your packing, but you’ll really need to give yourself a bit more leeway. Start planning your move a month in advance in order to comfortably hit all of your must-do’s.
- Reserve a moving company for your move as soon as you know you are moving. Spend 1 minute of your time on DeliveryD2D.com to save up-to 80% on your move
- Start sorting through house and belongings. Take it one room at a time and sort into what to keep, what to throw out and what to give away.
- Throw out or donate garage items, old clothes, papers no longer needed, toys if kids have grown up and all other items you need in new home.
- Arrange to transfer school records.
- Get change of address cards from your local post office.
- Notify Neawspaper, magazines, charge accounts, insurance companies, clubs and all other organizations of your change of address. If possible, get owner’s manuals for appliances in your new home.
- Organise connection of utilities at new place and schedule disconnection for the current location
One Weeks Before The Move
You may have start packing your items if not start it now before you are left with no time for it. Along with packing you need few more task to be done before the move. Just read the below week before move list of moving house checklist.
- Book Van or Truck; whatever you need if you haven’t done till yet hiring van on last moment can cost a lot more than the normal prize.
- If you decide to pack yourself, label all the moving boxes as you pack.
- Start packing items before you left with no time to pack.
- Schedule disconnects for gas, Electric, Water and the Telephone. Don’t disconnect the phone until after your move. Arrange for refunds that are due, and schedule connections for your new home.
- Cancel Newspapers, Cable TV, Security, Pest Control, Cleaning Help, Lawn Maintenance and any other services you receive.
- Return all hired items you don’t want to come back to return them later.
The Day Before The Move
Just a days left before you say goodbye to your old bedroom, your old backyard where you had some great neighborhood parties. Probably by now, you’re ready to go. But hold on; are some things you need to take care of before the movers or moving truck arrives. Call your apartment manager to confirm that the moving truck has permission to park in front of the building or in the driveway to ensure you have the right permit and that there’s room for the truck.
- If using a professional packing services, their staff must have arrive the day before the move, to get everything packed and ready. If you are packing yourself, all packing should be done by now.
- Close All Bank Accounts If You Haven’t Done so Already
- Clean the refrigerator, then defrost and dry
- Have several moving boxes spare for items, such as bedding, food, clothes, chargers and medicines and for new house.
- about food for moving day. Ensure there is some breakfast left to eat and have plenty of snacks on hand for what is a tiring day. Plan for lunch and dinner.
- Get enough cash you may have to pay for a lot of thing you don’t have in mind.
- Be Nice Say goodbye to your neighbors! Leave a nice impression on them you may never meet them again.
The big day’s here! Make sure to tick off every item on this moving house checklist, from greeting your movers at your old house to rolling out the rug in your new one. Plus: the phone numbers you’ll need, and what items to keep off the truck.
- Empty fridge and freezer into an Esky
- Check all cupboards and drawers are empty and that anything left behind that you want to take along with you.
- Separate all the items you don’t want to load, so movers can have the right idea who much your language is and how to load it.
- Make sure everything is handed carefully while loading you don’t want anything get damage. Pass extra instruction to loaders if there is any regarding any item.
- Once the house is empty, do any final cleaning and sweeping up. Walk through all rooms, ensuring that nothing has been left behind, and that windows are locked and lights turned off.
- Turn off the power supply.
- Lock house and leave keys organised for new owner.
Price Comparison Instantly
- MAN WITH A VAN
Choose from a wide variety of Vars in all sizes, also available for a daily, hourly or rental plan
- FURNITURE DELIVERY
Buy your furniture from anywhere and have it delivered for less with us
- BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
DeliveryD2D Business offers complete transport solutions for businesses. Try us now!
- REMOVAL SERVICES
Receive multiple removals quotes from trusted companies just on few clicks just visit our DeliveryD2D.com
- EBAY DELIVERY SERVICE
Buy on eBay – Deliver it with DeliveryD2D and Save up to 80% on your move
- LARGE ITEM DELIVER
We move anything door 2 door
Popular Van Hire Locations in the UK
We provide service for all the following cities and cover the whole UK
YOU’RE IN GOOD HANDS.
- We cover entire UK coverage
- Compare quotes instantly
- Local verified transporters
- Top-notch customer service
We are marketplace for man with a van. Compare prices instantly for over 100’s of nearby transporters.
TOP-NOTCH CUSTOMER SERVICE
Need help with order? Have a question about your driver or the van? Contact us
Or call us on 020 3322 2142
- Copyrights © 2018 All Rights Reserved by DeliveryD2D LTD.